#copyright #patent #trademarks #brandprotection #infringement #trending #blogging #intellectualproperty #IPR #IPRinfo #IPlaw #IPRrights #Trademarkclickcom #IP #lawfirms #lawyers #legalmarketing #entrepreneur #WIPO #Inspire #IPR #PatentRegisterPortal
The World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) launched a new patent information tool with the aim to provide free access to comprehensive reports on patent databases. This new tool has been named WIPO INSPIRE where INSPIRE stands for “Index of Specialized Patent Information Reports”. This tool brings information from four different databases in a single place to benefit the innovators, service providers, patent offices, and other stakeholders.
This new tool has helped the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) expanding its suite of online services by providing free access to comprehensive, unbiased, and structured reports on many patent databases.
Benefits of WIPO INSPIRE:
- It will help a wide range of stakeholders in searching for the myriad of patent databases around the world.
- It serves as a one-stop-shop for information on commercial patent databases.
- It brings information from 4 databases together in one place which will help the innovators, service providers, patent offices, and other stakeholders of the innovation ecosystem in making more informed decisions regarding which databases to use.
- It is the result of excellent public-private collaboration between WIPO, the owners of the databases, and patent information user groups.
WIPO Director General Daren Tang welcomed the launch of WIPO INSPIRE by saying, “WIPO INSPIRE is our latest digital product to help innovators spread innovation for the widest human benefit. It is a platform that helps users reach informed decisions on the patent-search tools that suit them best in their work, whether they are examining patents or making R&D related decisions. Patents disclose important technical information that also serves as building blocks for other innovators and innovations. WIPO INSPIRE facilitates this process and we hope that it will pave the way for more innovations to move faster to the market.”
Features of WIPO INSPIRE:
WIPO INSPIRE comes with a wide range of powerful but yet easy to use functionalities which are for both novice and expert patent information users of the industry. They include:
- A feature to compare the data of up to four patent databases,
- An interactive world database coverage map which further allows its users to determine which patent databases offer coverage of specific jurisdiction that too just at a glance.
WIPO INSPIRE is also integrated with WIPO’s Patent Register Portal and eTISC. This feature provides a seamless environment for its users in the following manner:
- In getting information about patent databases and patent registers,
- By providing an opportunity to interact with patent information experts and discuss these tools.
This new tool nevertheless is at the rescue of the people of the IPR industry making their tasks easier, simpler, and less time-consuming. All thanks to WIPO and the inventors of WIPO INSPIRE for giving this handy tool.